Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I'm no huge Beatles fan... but if the remastering for the rest of the catalog is as good as the job done on the LOVE disc, they should sound extraordinary!

OMG! These are fantastic! So far I’ve only sampled some songs from the stereo not the mono re-master and it’s incredible. Doesn’t matter so far if it’s the earlier or later albums so far every re-master I’ve listened to sounds better than either of the other 2 CD versions I have no vinyl comparisons until I get to my dad’s house this weekend.

Examples like “Money (That’s What I Want)” not only sound better to me in stereo but the entire frequency range is clearer and more detailed. Best comparison I could make is switching between AM and FM simulcasts of the same music. The re-master sounds like John Lennon is standing right in front of me vs listening on a cheap AM radio. The radical stereo separation takes some getting use to but seem more natural after listing to multiple tracks. Some songs like “Twist and Shout” sound a little odd at first with all the vocals coming from the right speaker but the improved detail, dynamics naturalness of the vocals is still a slam dunk.

“Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” sounds so much more dynamic and the depth of the soundstage expands many feet.

“Octopus’s Garden” and “Here Comes the Sun” explode in a wall of sound with more bass and more detail than I’ve ever heard.

Just to test that I wasn’t imagining things I set Media Monkey to level match and randomly select tracks. So far out of about 25 songs I’ve been able to identify the re-master 100% of the time within the first 5-20 seconds. No A/B comparison needed. Every time one of the re-masters started playing I just started breaking out in s great big

If you are a Beatles fan this is a must have. If your not a Beatles fan after hearing this then you’re just sick and should get help.

Almost forgot some of the harshness I use to here I higher volumes on my older copies…not there anymore. Which is funny cause I’m still using Axiom speakers.

Last edited by grunt; 09/10/09 07:05 AM.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1