Yes I know all about addiction, it is an animal. I smoked until the day I saw my grandmother sitting in the hospital, dying of cancer (even though she didn't smoke, nor as far as we could tell did it have anything to do with grandpa's smoking habit... still I associated my smoking as leading me to the same place). It was by no means an easy thing to do, but I kept picturing my grandmother all doped up on moriphine, days away from death, and telling myself all the torture I was going through was to keep myself from winding up like she did.

The ironic thing is that at age 35, a full 12 years after quitting smoking, I wound up with Hodgkins Lymphoma and Squamous Cell cancer AT THE SAME TIME!!! And having experienced the fear that is knowing there is something inside your body trying its best to end your life, I can safely say that would have motivated me 100 times better than my dying grandmother ever could have. Even if I'd never been able to quit back in my 20's, it would have been an after thought once I was battling for my life.

Patrick made a few television interviews where he admitted he was scared and mad... mad because he wondered, "why me"? Now honestly, how can you suck down a cigarette every 16 minutes (the average time inbetween cigarettes in a 60 a day habit... assuming he didn't smoke during 8 hours of sleep) and with a serious face ask, "why me"?

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD