Seeking - I have a very similar setup to yours (M60, QS8, VP100, older SVS PB12-NSD) currently driven by an Onkyo 805. I "moved up" from a Denon 1804 a while back, but honestly, I did it because of processing rather than amplification. My room is quite a bit larger than yours, and the system really plays as loud as I need it to. I went from 5.1 to 7.1 and, in retrospect, the only thing it really did was scratch that itch. I do not notice a dramatic improvement, because the QS8's are already so good in 5.1.

My immediately previous system was a (decent) Polk sub/sat system. The Axioms remain a very significant improvement.

I went through the same process as you relative to the other Axiom models. I have heard the M80's, albeit in a different room. No regrets.

I ran the M60's without a sub for a while (saving up...) and thought they were just great with music. The sub is a big deal for Home Theatre, though.

I feel confident that you will enjoy the Axiom system you described, even without additional purchases.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem