michael_d,

Your suggestion on steering clear of Emotiva certainly does give me something to think about. A lot of people do give Emotiva a lot of praise and it seems like a lot of bang for the buck.

I really haven't heard a lot of complaints about their amps, and I would really like to try one out for myself before I come to any conclusions. I can see that a lot of members on this forum are partial to Denon's receivers.

I don't have any experience so far with pre/pro and amp combo, so any advice is always welcomed. Would you elaborate more on why you would advise against Emotiva products?

Seeking

Addendum: I just went back read your post and I am getting the impression that you're referring to Emotiva's processor and not their whole line of products in general. Correct me if I am wrong. What are your thoughts on their amps?

Basically, my needs are very simple. Best sound quality possible at a great value. I don't need anything fancy because I like to keep things simple. I will be looking more into Denons and Onkyos for my needs.

Last edited by Seekinganswers; 12/15/09 08:18 AM.

Speakers: Energy RC-70s, RC-LCR, RC-Rs and eD A2-300 x 2.
Receiver: Marantz 6006