Just when I thought I had made up my mind with the M60s, I am now stricken again with indecision. I never knew it was so hard to pick just one set of speakers from one company. I would assume most of you have had this issue with Axiom speakers.

I figured that since I am now practicing patience and putting my system together one step at a time, I should save up for the best so I don't have any nagging questions of "what ifs."

I first considered saving enough initially to purchase a pre/pro and a set of M80s. Yeah, this makes a lot of sense since I am being patient and getting the best I can afford, but dropping down at least $2,500 initially for a two channel set up is more than I can swallow. That's when the M22s came to mind again.

I know the reason why I am in limbo with my decision is because the M22s, M60s, and M80s are all great deals at their respective price point, and realistically, the M60s and M80s aren't out of reach for being the company's top of the line tower speakers. I know I want to eventually get the M80s down the road when my system have enough processing and power to drive these speakers with authority. I feel like If I started off with the M60s, it'd be hard to cut my losses or try to sell the M60s to upgrade for the M80s. I just feel like the M60s would be a compromise between the M22s and the top-of-the-line M80s. By no means am I implying that the M60s are bad speaker, I just mean so more on the lines of cost.

I think the M22s are stout little speakers and an inexpensive way to enter into the higher quality speaker arena. I believe the M22s and my Onkyo 606 would be a good marriage. I would even go as far to to say they were meant for each other =). The M22s will only cost about $450 from FO and I can pair it up initially with the SVS PB12-NSD at a price point that I am more than happy to accept. The M22s will introduce me to two channel music listening and the 2.1 setup will be adequate for movies until I am able to piece all my speakers together. When it is time for the M80s to replace them, I could move these speakers to my room for computer and two channel use or even as rear surrounds.

I hate being indecisive because it is frustrating to me and maybe even to some of the members that have been keeping up with this post. Hopefully I will have it figured out soon. I guess this is part of the fun, doing your research, picking other people's brain, making the purchase, sitting back with complete satisfaction knowing you made the right choice with a silly grin on your face.

Seeking

Last edited by Seekinganswers; 12/15/09 05:05 PM.

Speakers: Energy RC-70s, RC-LCR, RC-Rs and eD A2-300 x 2.
Receiver: Marantz 6006