Two things...

1. Unlike most threads, this one is *really* worth re-reading from the beginning every so often.

2. A margarita made with rum is really good, arguably better than many tiki drinks, and deserves a better name than "rum-rita". The obvious name (daiquiri) doesn't quite fit because it really needs an orange liqueur rather than sugar syrup for best results :

- juice of 1 lime (1.5 oz - 2 oz)
- 2 oz rum (I used Appleton V/X)
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- ice cubes
- some shaking

Don't think I have the proportions quite right yet. I think the best taste was with a bit more lime juice than rum, ie a fairly tart taste. I did a brief "deep dive" into tiki drinks, including making things like "cinnamon infused syrup" and buying a bottle of Pernod so I could add six drops plus a dash of Angostura, concluded that all the tiki drinks were starting to taste alike, and decided to go back to simple drinks.

Make that three things...

Reading back through the thread, it appears that I may have talked about Fog Cutters and Samoan Fog Cutters interchangeably. Samoan Fog Cutters are blended, while Fog Cutters are shaken and have a bit more rum. A well made Fog Cutter is still hard to beat, and IMO maybe the finest of the tiki drinks...

Thanks for the reminder about tonic water. If you haven't picked up some cans of coconut water, that's also worth a try. Very refreshing, almost enough that you can convince yourself mixed drinks are healthy ;\)

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8