Originally Posted By: BWeasner
Looking back, there are so many things I would do differently now. Unfortunately, a very large portion of the room was alread finished when I decided to make it a dedicated home theater. If only I would have had unframed walls when I started the HT project...I would have hidden all the speaker wires in the walls, wall-mounted the TV, put the components in a separate room and installed an IR repeater system. Live and learn, I guess...

It's never too late to hang a tv on the wall. Or hide the wires in the walls/ceiling. Well, if you're room is located in the basement, then hiding the wires might be too big of a headache to be worth it. Still, it can be done if you're a perfectionist who'll be forever torchered knowing they're not invisible. If you have an accessable ceiling then a 1/2 inch drill and a fish tape will do the job nicely.

Originally Posted By: BWeasner
Glad to hear that there are others on these forums listening to industrial/metal...it does not seem as though I have run across many thread discussing this genre of music. I have to say that I listened to the "White Zombie, Greatest Hits: Past, Present, and Future" last night and was amazed at how well that CD is mixed and how great it sounded in DTS Neo:6. Amazing stuff!

I too am surprised and glad to hear others are up on Industial. Zombie, Manson, The Crystal Method and Prodigy are some of my modern favorites. But I grew up in the late 80's and 90's with the car stereo scene exploding. And for me, I was just so blown away by the way groups like Sputnik, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, NIN and others used mixing techniques to throw their sound effects all around the inside of my car. It was like surround sound before surround sound really became popular. Those guys pushed the envelope of sonic recording.

I know a lot of people dismiss it as rubbish, but I've always respected and enjoyed it.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD