Troy, Axiom, PSB, Energy and Paradigm have similar philosophies when they design their speakers, that is to say, they all strive to build speakers that are uncoloured at a reasonable price point. You might also add the British speaker company, Monitor Audio (Silver series) to that list as well, to my ear they are somewhat similar to the afformentioned co's at similar coin.

I auditioned all of these speakers plus a few others, but ended up on Axiom's site asking lots of questions, then ordering up a pair of M80s, VP150 and a pair of QS8s which I'm very happy with especially taking into account the price I paid. By all means, listen to as many speakers as you feel necessary and comfortable with before making a decision esp involving the size of investment you are talking about.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, BTW. I've done my share myself, and thankfully there are in fact, a large number of intelligent people on this forum including some engineers to answer them or give advice, but for the most part, it's just a bunch of guys who enjoy the hobby.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.