In music Say for instance listening to Blow at High Dough by the HIP, the bass is very nice the bass drum is suspose to be deep and tight. I get the tightness out of it. umh if I have a DVD in Say Eagles Hell Frezes over Say The Long Run or Life in the FAst Lane the Bass Drum is Tight, Quick, short and bottom end. In these songs alot of accent is put on the ass drum. I love testing speakers to these songs. Now the M80's do this very well However I think after hearing this on a Paradigm Studio 100 the bottem end seems to have that one notch of more balls. Not a $1000 worth though, but ... It is like in these recording Don, or Tyler are using a 22" bass Drum, however on the Axioms it's like they are using a 20" Bass Drum. Now I use and love a 20" kik but, thats the difference between a 20", 22" and or course a 24" goes lower but not as tight , kinda like these kids and those cars you hear a mile away with that loose bass.
Maybe it would be something to experiment with some day.

Then, yet again mind you wasn't the difference between the M80's v1 and V2 have a different crossover point. Also, they changed the drivers a little bit too I think. Maybe if I actually heard a M80 v2 I will get what I am after.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4