Originally Posted By: bdpf
Hello everybody.

I am finally able to start my home theater.

For the receiver, I got the Denon AVR-890. For the speakers, I deceided to go with Axiom. The system I am trying to build will hopefully be my dream system and I hope will last me a long long time.

At the moment, I can only afford the fronts but eventually it will become a 5.1.
To give you a bit of info, my room is at the moment 20ftx10ft with hardwood. The system will be used as much for music as for movies and I listen pretty much to everything from orchestra to vocals to pop, rock, rap, house ...

I am currently debating between the M60s and the M80s. Originally I was going for the 80s but after reading a few posts on this site, I am not too sure.

Some would think that the M80s would be overkill for a room this size. The thing is that I might not stay at this place forever and one day, budget permitting, I would like to go to a bigger place.

Some say that if we pair the 60s or the 80s to a sub, we can't tell the difference. Well, I intend one day to get a sub. Does it mean that the 80s will loose their edge over the 60s since the low frequencies will be taken care of by the sub? Will I gain anything by getting the 80s? I don't mind spending the extra $$$ if I am gaining something as I am trying to get the best sounding system that I can.

Like I said, I am trying to build my dream system that will keep me smiling for many years \:D so any advice or opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

bdpf

My room is about 14x13 and I have 2m80 +VP150 +4QS8 + sub..
dont think about it, M80 it should be!!

you dont need 7.1 for the room, 5.1 is enough.