[quote=davekro]from 2-15-09
[Quote=]Two opposing things that I think calls for a well thought out compromise. This great room (w/ kitchen and dining room behind listening area) having ≈ 700 sq', and 6,000 cu', is coupled with an amp on the smaller side (Denon 1909, 90 wpc). So the ability (power wise)to go with large fronts to help fill this large area is limited. I am hoping M60's will do an adequate job as fronts. Sides easily will be QS8's. The Axiom rep. concurred that for 7.1 backs located 16' behind primary listening posistion, QS8 reflectives would not get to listeners well. He recommended M2 (5 1/4" drvr) front firing bookshelves. I was surprised he thought the M22's (dual 5 1/4" drvrs) would not add that much and that M2's would do well there.

I know it's more important for rears to match rears and fronts to match fronts. So the question may be somewhat splitting hairs... How well will the M2 5 1/4" drvrs timber match the M60's (dual 6 1/2" mid/bass, one 5 1/4" mid drvr)? Great that the M2 has exactly the same driver and tweeter as the M8 surrounds. Also, what width apart would be a good choice for backs being 16' behind list. pos.? Current rears are on a shelf in corners. During Audyssey set up, you can tell the corner boosts them in a way that does not blend well.

Thanks, Dave
 Quote:

Boy, did I learn how many hairs I tried to split. It took a loong time to let that go. ;o)

Did tons of testing with M80s, M60s, VP150 and (4) QS8s. I settled on M80s and the VP150. I've been away a long time. Been enjoying the home theater, instead of my previous analysis paralysis. ;\)

Thanks to all who helped (and tolerated) me in my long decision process!

I hope all are well personally and electronically.

Well that's all fine and good, but Dave we've moved on if you haven't noticed. Now tell us, what blender do you have?

\:D

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD