Sean, you're talking to some old dude who last saw the movie maybe 20 years ago. It's a miracle I remember the movie at all, let alone the dog's name. ;\)

Very happy (and relieved) to hear you enjoyed it.

Very interesting that a remake is being considered. Hope it comes to fruition.

Only 15 days until the Spielberg/Hanks/Goetzman sequel to Band Of Brothers, The Pacific, debuts on HBO (March 14). I'm traveling starting the 16th and probably won't be able to see many of the episodes. I want to avoid watching on the 14th and 15th and wait until the blu-ray version comes out so I can watch it all in sequence. Do ya think I'll be able to pull it off ?

WOW! Just came across this comment. I fear this will be a painful experience. But then, what war isn't?

As a Japanese extra on this production, I came into it after reading "the old breed" and it struck me just how close the brutality portrayed in the book actually came to being visualized in the series. There is very little the show actually leaves out some will find this disturbing.

This is not Band of Brothers, I am warning you; Do not watch this while eating your dinner or with your kids. This will challenge your thoughts about war and will take it a step further than the gentlemanly conflict between fellow Christian races portrayed so far. This is a pit bull fight to the death with two distinct cultures, races and values tearing themselves apart one scrap of flesh at a time.

Last edited by Ajax; 02/27/10 12:59 PM. Reason: To add comment

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton