Originally Posted By: Zask
Anyone here using the Emoitiva UPA-2 or any Emo amp?

Yes. Several of us.

Originally Posted By: Zask

Whats your experience?

My experience with my LPA-1 (precursor to the UPA series) and M80's (and VP150 and QS8's) has been great. No problems at all. Three years later, and I'm still very happy with the purchase.

However, my attitude is not shared by every Axiom owner. Some here have had well-publicized problems with Emotiva's amps. Many months ago there was a bit of a spat between Emotiva and Axiom owners, with each side blaming the other for the problems*.

Strangely, it seems that the problems mainly involve{d} Emotiva's higher-end amps. Somewhat counter-intuitive, I agree. We have several here that had problems with the old and discontinued MPS series. I've read of a few people having problems with M80's and the current X-series amps. However, I haven't ever heard of M80 complaints with the LPA/UPA series. YMMV, of course.

*Emotiva-ists claimed that the M80's crossover design was faulty and caused super-low impedance dips. Axiom-ites claimed that the problem was Emotiva exaggerating their specs as far as being able to handle 4-ohm speakers. It was a bit of a mess, between here, Emotiva's forums, and the wonderful word of AVS.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office