Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

If there were ever a true Axiom get together I would find it interesting to do a true blind session with Axioms lineup to hear the differences. But really, for me, it would be all about the people and if I never heard an Axiom speaker through the time, it really wouldn't matter to me.

I would love to hear all the various systems we have in a controlled environment. I’m always wondering if I’ve messed up something with my setup or if I’m missing something. OTOH, I think it’s really hard to just listen based on equipment alone and would actually learn more from hearing how others have set up and tweaked their systems based on room acoustics and listening preferences.

I’ve had my Axioms in 3 different rooms set up multiple different ways in each and gotten a huge variety of performance out of them depending on what I was shooting for based on room limitations and type of sound I was looking for at the time.

Right now I’m of the opinion that my present way things are set up is taking advantage of the dynamics of the M80s with the highest and lowest frequencies dominating a little over the midrange. I have just gravitated to that over time since my main use is for HT and gaming. Also I’m sure these curtains (which are heavier than those in the apartment) are probably killing a particular frequency. Need to get some equipment to test all that out.

For awhile I was using 2 different seats for HT and 2ch music because of the difference the distance to the speakers relative to the room makes them and the soundstage sound. I may go back to that setup after testing the M80s elevated for awhile longer. However, in the end I picked the M80s over all the other speakers I listened to not just because of price/performance but because the were clearly IMO the most dynamic speakers of the bunch which falls in with my primary uses.

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

I forgot to mention blocked all memories of that!

At least I didn’t make him listen to 3 nin Matsuri - Chu! Natsu Party (nope no link I won’t do that to you all again), however if some of you come and visit. . . . ;\)

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1