If you want a good example of media manipulation, take a look at the life of a fellow by the name of Cecil Rhodes and his activities in South Africa. Media manipulation is not a recent invention. Rhodes would be proud of Fox.

Dean. The internet is an interesting thing. It allows anyone to publish anything. It also allows anyone, places like China excepted, to also research anything. I've been having a lot of fun pointing out embarrassing facts to 'would be' political pundits on another site, and there are others who are similarly arming themselves. Sadly, critical thinking is not something our mass education system has much concerned itself with once you step outside of those 'damned left wing ivory towers.'

Speaking of which. I find it amusing that some on the right condemn universities en mass, yet praise private enterprise, which in turn is populated by leaders educated at those very same left wing ivory towers. Propaganda at its finest!

We have a leader of the opposition who taught at Harvard and has been pegged by some as an elitist intellectual, yet that very same institution is where the business elite go to educate themselves and to network.

Like I said, critical thinking is not a widely used tool.

Originally Posted By: Deaner the Grunt
The last 50 years are no different than the last 500 or 5000 humans haven’t evolved significantly in that time.

Of course it has changed. We have WAY better sticks to beat each other about the head with and WAY more free time to consider who to beat upon next. Not to mention the beer is much better.

Originally Posted By: You know who
I’m in the military so whether we become a Right wing or Left wing dictatorship I’d still be on the side with the biggest guns, the government.

Its nice to have friends in the right places. ;\)

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!