Originally Posted By: AndyP

Question about the EP800--what subwoofer did you have before and how much more are you loving the EP800?

Well Andy my HT previous to this one was very different. Yes I had a lot of money invested in it, but I really didn't know what I was doing when I pieced it together. To answer your question, I had a Cerwin Vega 12 inch down firing sub that made a lot of noise, but wasn't very accurate. Back then I thought $1000 dollars for a subwoofer was absolutely ridiculous! So it's safe to say I made a lot of changes as far as my attitude towards costs was concerned.

And you missed the epic EP800 saga. The cliff notes goes like this... when I first recieved my EP800 I had many, many, MANY freaky problems surrounding it. After months of trying this and that, I finally decided to throw in the towel and go in another direction. But Axiom had one more trick up their sleeve... they completely redid the amp. That and I found out my Denon reciever had some sort of compatibility issues with the sub. Axiom now has that reciever and are looking into what the problem was. In the meantime I have a Sherwood Newcastle running things. It's not as powerful as my Denon, but it does an adequate job of driving my Axioms.

And now that I have a working EP800, I am as you said, "LOVING IT"!!!! It's an incredible subwoofer. As are all of Axioms offerings IMO. \:\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD