Originally Posted By: EFalardeau

Forums can be a great help, but Axiom cannot be held responsible for not answering questions they were not asked.

They are being held responsible in the court of public opinion regardless of what logic might dictate. That was the reason I had suggested using the “Notify” button to alert Axiom to issues they might want to know about like the EP500 amp pictures. In the nature of internet forums once a meme gets started it can go wild. Just look at the numerous bogus opinions many people have about Axiom speakers spread because small numbers of people started saying something that just keeps getting repeated by others. I can’t count how many times I’ve read - "I don’t own Axioms but they say Axioms are bright,” “M80s are hard to drive,” etc. . . .

All it takes is one passionate person to start posting negative comments in certain internet forums and pretty soon it’s the new truth getting endlessly repeated by people who want others to think they are experts. Since Axiom doesn’t have a heavy presence in other forums there are few people out there to quell rumors once started. While it certainly won’t put Axiom out of business it cant’ help but have a negative impact.

Originally Posted By: Solarrdadd

i would be tired if everyone kept calling about the same thing, that's why you put out an official notice so that everyone can have the same information at the same time. of course this will never stop phone calls, nor should it but it would help. we all just want to know something and like i said, only the company can answer that. isn't that part of what this forum is for? i'm surprised Axiom isn't utilizing it's own forum to that end.

Axiom unlike most other ID companies is very “hands off” with it’s forum. I have never seen it moderated unless by request from an OP, they virtually never discuss pre-release products (usually only to have a naming contest) and except for the “Hearing Things” subforum seldom use it as a marketing tool.

As pointed out by others this initial preorder was only directed at existing Axiom owners. The first time I’ve noticed this being done. This is relatively new territory for Axiom so it doesn’t hurt for others to “throw them a bone” too. OTOH I said what I did about them making an announcement because a situation reaches a point where they do need to take control of the information flow or possibly suffer negative “press” especially due to comparisons with other companies, one in particular, which have given preorders a bad name.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1