Hello,

I am new to the HT scene and so far, based on the testimonials of everyone here and reviews on other sites, I am very impressed with what I see with Axiom speakers. I am not an expert on home audio but I am truly a fan of high fidelity and know at least what good sound should sound like. I used to be involved in the car audio scene and I have a taste for refined sound. My question is, based on the size of my room and the type of music/movies I like to listen/watch, which HT set-up would be ideal for my apartment.

Living Room Measurements: 12' x 17' x 71/7'

My entertainment center is located in front of the 12' wall, which leaves me 17" for my couch/chairs. One problem I have is that the back wall opens up halfway into my dining room area. My sliding glass door is located on the left 17' wall. This causes a problem for rear speaker placement. I will take a picture and post in the future the layout. I would appreciate any suggestions as far as placement for my speakers.

I listen to all types of music ranging from classical/jazz to hard rock/grunge. I love watching movies, especially action/adventure films.

My future system componants are as follows:

Toshiba 32A50 TV
Toshiba SD4700 Progressive Scan DVD (Prog for future HDTV upgrade)
Sony 4 Head HiFi VCR
Outlaw Audio 1050 6.1 RECEIVER (future purchase)

Based on the above information. What size of drivers would you recommend for a modest size room such as mine. Thaniks for your input!

Chris Alderman

"You learn more from making mistakes than trying to avoid making them."

"You learn more from making mistakes than trying to avoid making them."