Michael I got around to implementing the VP150 with the VP180 and the very second I heard the first note I knew the combination was a mismatch, it has to be due to the timbre and tonal balance not being the same because my initial thought was that the VP150 sounded like a small speaker playing on top of the TV, which in essence is exactly what it is ... three 80s with a VP150 peaking the triangular pattern.

As you can tell by the picture I didn't play with pointing the 150 with an aim straight for the seating because I felt it wouldn't make a difference but I did play a couple of scenes from movies along with some different types of music and I just am not impressed with this particular combination at all, although I always felt the VP100 and VP150 did an excellent job and sounded great with the 80s. I'm not so sure sure a pair of VP180s would sound any better than a well placed and well positioned single 180, but until somebody tries it we'll never know.

Oh and why the Vaseline jar on top of the sub you ask? I suppose because it's been forever since the grill has been off of the VP150 but I had a hell of a time trying to pry it off of the VP150 and even pulled one of the inserts out of the MDF so I'm going to do what I do on our boat, a thin coat of Vaseline on all snap fittings ... can we say magnetic grills!

I must say, the more I listen to the VP180 with our system the more I am impressed with it.

Rick
Our Room

smile