I’m a projector guy, and haven’t paid much attention to TV’s in a while. I set up a Samsung LED / LCD for a friend a year ago and thought it put up a great picture, but that’s about my limited experience with them.

My friends have convinced me I need to put a TV in my great room for the odd occasions when we get together and the timing conflicts with a game or event they want to watch. I have refrained from putting a TV in the great room as I would rather visit than watch the boob tube, but I’m going to cave and get one…..

So considering it will not get much use, and will be mounted on the wall above a large bay window (the only place I can mount one) and the great room has a bunch of windows with natural light….. It will be roughly 7' above the floor. I’m looking for input on what I should look at. As far as size goes, I have room for a TV that is 36” in height. I’d prefer one that’s pretty slim for no other reason than esthetics. The LED Samsung is pretty darn skinny, but I have no idea what else is out now, so I’m assuming the Samsung isn’t the only game in town anymore.

I’d like to put a cap of $1500 on whatever I get. I do not need the latest and greatest for this TV, as I watch movies in my theater. 1080P / 120 is plenty good.