I'm shopping for a sub. Like most such endeavours, price is a factor. I'm settled on a down-firing, box sub. I had been tending toward a STF-2 or VTF-2, mostly because they are $100-200 less than the PB1-ISD.

But now, I'm not so sure. I've heard none of these products, so I am clearly just talking out my vortex port here.

The recent and (IMO) significant problems Hsu has had launching the STF line are really giving me pause. QA has been poor, customer service (from the looks of the boards there) has been marginal. They seem to be bungling the whole business, while blaming the production problems on the factory in China. Plus, they always seem to have inventory problems. They obviously have relationship issues with CompUSA, and they are in joint development with BIC - not exactly impressive company to me. The overall impression, to me, is one of wasting technological prowess by business ineptitude.

Now, please understand, I don't want to bash Hsu. I don't own one, and Hsu owners like Craig always provide compelling, impassioned reviews - opinions that I believe and trust. But I am beginning to wonder whether it would be a prudent investment for me to spend a little more on the SVS to get a larger woofer and more powerful amp from a more vertically-integrated company.

Does anybody here have experience with the SVS box subs?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem