My Vp-180 just arrived, and like everyone else has said there is pretty much no comparison between the 180 and the 150.. Big thanks so SRoode for making this happen, i have been calling and asking brent for a larger center for about a year, but SRoode, put his money up, so the rest of us could enjoy a larger center as well..

as many know the new speakers have magnetic grills... i'm guessing Ian is of the go big or go home philosophy. the magnets are pretty damn big! With other manufactures the magnet grills are known to get "knocked off" .. I have some B&W speakers that have magnetic grills, and the magnets that B&W choose to go with are 1/2 the size of the axiom ones. the grills on the B&W's come off pretty easy, the axioms you have to work at a little bit. This was the first thing that impressed me about the new design was the grill, and the magnets...

here is a B&W magnet, the magnet is the inner part, it is inside of a metal housing.

now the axiom magnet.

i looked at the measurements for the vp-180 and the vp-150 to try and get an idea of the difference in the size of the 2 speakers... well you can not really appreciate the difference until you have a 150 sitting ontop of a 180...

now a vp-150 ontop of the vp-180

The vp-180 goes great with my m60 ti's,

Last edited by dakkon; 07/12/10 07:25 PM.