Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Sovkiller, even if they were selling the drivers at $20 the modifications would still be very expensive for the M80 because of it having so many drivers. The extent of the "improvement" of these new components has not even been explained so you will be purchasing on incomplete information anyways on the benefits involved over the ti/v2 versions. Also take into consideration the special tools, labour and time involved in making these modifications. Personally, I don't find it attractive at all.

Dr. House....I totally agree with you on that information is not even complete as to take the plug, and as I said before, the benefits are always relative of what you may like or not, and the acoustics of your room...we do not know yet if it is even worth the upgrade or not. Personally the work do not worries me, of course assuming that the drivers will fit in the same holes, and mechanically are alike or similar at least, if any other type of labor, as routing again the openings is involved, I honestly prefer not to get into that myself...but at $20 a pop, I could give it a try and see, but at $1100 a set, everybody will definitelly pass...

Dundas my only purpose of showing that site was to illustrate the reason behind some manufacturers to get into the production of their own drivers, and why not a little bit of history of the audio and speaker manufacture, for the ones interested, and it is not only becasue of they can get better quality, most of the times they do not, but they do get availability when they need them on time, and better quality control over what they can do...nothing else...Sorry if you misunderstood me...

As per the comitment of selling drivers or not, Axiom did not, as nobody does...but in my humble opinion, if they decided to offer it (they could refuse and end of the story) at least make the prices reasonable, so the offer should have some validity, otherwise it is just a joke to say we did it, but you have to be crazy to spend more than a new set on them...

It is like saying you will do a benefit concert for some kind of charity, and charge for the tickets $1000.00...Hey I'm very nice to donate my time and effort, just gimme a call to prepare everything while you have the Madison Square Garden sold out!!!

And yes there are many manufacturers that sell drivers, of course if you tell them, that yours are blown away, and the speaker is out of warranty, as they prefer to sell them, that ship back and forth a set of speakers the size of the M80's toget a repair done...I ahve done that several times, not one, Infinity, Alesis, Yamaha, are among the ones I recall now...

Last edited by Sovkiller; 07/15/10 11:52 PM.

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!