Howdy Dr. House, Sovkiller (Myawkri Dyeli?) and all.

I have a bunch of Michaura speakers, all of which use Axiom black eyed pea drivers (5.25" and 6.5" as well as the 3/4" Axiom Titanium tweeter (previously used in the M0, M1 and M2 speakers. The Michaura cabinets are incredibly solid, heavy, hex shaped affairs as opposed to the Axiom trapezoids. They are great sounding speakers.

I picked up a bunch of 6.5" Axiom drivers some years ago to use in the Merak center channel speakers made by Axiom. Some of these centers also used the Axiom 3/4" titanium tweeter, others use a big honking horn tweeter. I swapped the Axiom 6.5" drivers for the Meraks, kept the Axiom horn tweeter in one, and swapped the Axiom 3/4" Titanium tweeter for the 1" Vifa Tweeter and cross-over from the magnificent Reference 3a de capo mm speaker.

I bought every Merak MC6H (horn) and MC 634 (3/4" titanium tweeter) I could find on ebay, and Axiom was kind enough to sell me the Axiom 6.5" drivers for my FRANKENSPEAKER CENTER CHANNEL efforts which I gave away to my good friends except for 2 which I kept for myself.

I recently picked up a VP150 and although it is a tough call, I think I prefer the VP 150.

Anyway, I don't think I would have had such a good time modifying these speakers if Axiom had charged me as much for the 6.5" drivers as they are now charging.

Originally Posted By: Dr.House
You do know that Dayton drivers at parts express which are sold for a 3rd of the cost at what Axiom is selling "look" the same that are used on the ti and v2 versions. If one wanted to "white van" v1/v2 Axiom speakers there always have been avenues to do that.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.