Originally Posted By: Lampshade
My disks arrived but I haven't had a chance to listen yet. Your post has me pretty psyched though.

I think you'll be smiling when you listen. Tracks 11 to 15 are test tracks to help with system setup. Using test tones I had the image centered pretty well before but using the on in the Chesky disk, which is a click vs. a tone, I was able to dial it in perfect. The sound was about 4" to the right of center. Moving my balance control just out of the 12'clock position put it dead center and made a big difference in the overall sound presentation.

The test track for the subwoofer crossover disk might have been worth the price of the disk itself for the difference it made in the system. It's a series of low frequency tones and you set the sub volume and x-over so the tones all sound even. It took 10 minutes for me to get it dialed in but holy cow! I thought I had it pretty good before but now the sub blends seamlessly. There is a nice tight low end and the music is just all complete.

Frankly I was amazed at the difference fine tuning these two things in my system made. It took it up a whole level.