Axiom's EP 600 costs more than $1,800, the EP 800, more than $2,300. Have we not seen a non-trivial number of posts regarding owner problems with Axiom subs on this website?

How would a manufacturer like to see its $2,000+ subwoofer compared unfavorably to an $800 effort from an outfit like Epik? I think I understand why Gene expressed his frustration about manufacturer reactions to an honest shootout - they don't want to participate in an honest shoot out. What they want is glowing reviews in the form of ADVERTORIALS, which are nothing more than advertisements dressed up as an objective review.

Now, as for me, I came to Axiom through some very favorable reviews of the M3 by Ian Masters and others.

There have been shootouts of book shelf speakers in which Axiom's M3s have done very well. I heard nothing about any reluctance from Axiom about a head to head comparison between the M3s and the competition. That's because Axiom's M3s and M22s are Giant Killers.

Of course, Axiom made its reputation on low priced speakers with high end sound quality, in other words, Giant Killers.

Axiom's subs are not low priced. No, they're GIANT PRICED. Better to be a Giant Killer than a humiliated giant. Now, I don't know how Axiom's subs compare to subs from other manufacturers, but it seems like Axiom doesn't want a head to head comparison. That says a lot to me.

Now, I like Axiom products, and every book shelf and floor stander I've bought for the past 10 years (except for a pair of Thiels and Dahlquists) have been made by Axiom. But I'm not here to make excuses for Axiom, or to line up with the faithful when it appears Axiom may not have the confidence in its subs to put them up against the competition unless they're all standing on 90' poles.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 11/10/10 09:21 PM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.