Hello, I am a new Axiom Audio customer expecting the arrival of two M80s, two QS8s, a VP180, and an EP500 on Thursday of this week. While I am eager to hear how it all sounds, I admit the subject of the Audioholics subwoofer shootout is causing me a degree of buyers remorse already.

Whatever the truth may be, from my vantage point as a new/prospective customer, Axiom, by their unwillingness to participate in the subwoofer shootout, is saying to me: "We are aftraid of the competition; we believe our subwoofer can't stand up to the other manufacturers' products." Whether that's right or not, it is how it appears to me. So, my yet-to-be-delivered EP500 is already stained in my mind as a possibly inferior product.

The real bummer in all this, as others have noted, I (Axiom customer) would have never heard of Axiom Audio, nor would have ever ordered from Axiom if it weren't for all the incredible rave reviews that Audioholics have give Axiom products over the years.

When I, a mere consumer/non-audio expert start googling up speaker reviews, I am always led to the Audioholics site, and their reviews subsequently led me to Axiom Audio. But, it now appears that Axiom isn't happy with that arrangement by pulling advertisements from the site. I think that is sad. It certainly gives me pause for thought even before I pull those new speakers out of their boxes. I'm hoping they'll be awesome, but the Audioholics thing has served to diminish my expectations. Please be clear that I am not writing to complain, just to expressing the impact that the subwoofer shootout controversy is having on me; a new customer.

[edit]Any statements you'd like to make regarding how great the M80s, VP180, QS8s, and especially the EP500 speakers are by way of encouragement regarding my substantial purchase decision, I would be quite appreciative![/edit]

David

Last edited by darbo; 11/16/10 07:11 PM.