I've been doing some searching but not really getting the answers I need. I'm very seriously considering taking the plunge and purchasing a 5.1 system ( or just 5.0 ) with the M80 v3 as the foundation.

I was settled on Bryston amplification wether it be 4Bsst + 9B or 6B. Keep in mind price is not the issue since I'll be buying recently used amps. But since it's pretty much accepted that the Brystons are very revealing in top end and can sound bright, I"m not sure wether this is and ideal setup with the M80 with it's forward sounding top end. This sounds like a poor match.

I've searched as much as I can on the A1400-8. Sonically it may be a better match ( key word "may" ) but I've been reading snippits about the reliability of this unit and the fact that it does not deliver the stated rated power in all channels across the full bandwidth. Now, that rarely happens but it can and is a concern to me.

So, I'd like to read your thoughts on both amps if you have heard them with the M80 or even M60 which I'm told may be better suited to Bryston amplification.

Cheers!