Originally Posted By: Zimm
I have been gone for a while - great to see the same...um...discussion is raging. JohnK knows his stuff but I can't pass up the opportunity to compare the scientific fact of speaker sound, wire effect, amp power etc, with the recent discovery of a new form of life. No biologist worth his degree would ever let you debate that a life form could exist without phosphorus. I'm sure there is forum somewhere where the young student is ridiculed for even suggesting such a thing - no matter what he say in his microscope. yet, here were are:

"A new life form has been discovered. What makes is unique is that arsenic is one of its core elements. Six elements (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur, and phosphorus) are normally essential in all living organisms. Recently a bacteria (strain GFAJ-1 of Halomonadaceae) was discovered at Mono Lake by Sandy Steinman Mono Lake and was found to grow using arsenic instead of phosphorus."

Maybe NASA is holding out on the whole "more power is better, and even better through crazy expensive cables publication"...maybe not.

Yes Zimm, the origins of life and the theory of evolution is a pretty complex topic and not even the greatest minds in the world have come up with a definitive answer presently and probably will not happen even in our lifetime. However, the element(s) copper (silver, gold etc) and its electrical properties which determine performance in speakers cables such as resistance, capacitance and inductance are basic concepts in the world of electrical engineering that are fully understood. And with the correct equipment easily measured.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne