Originally Posted By: jakewash
I love DSOTM but have not heard it in SACD form, the cd is extremely good on it's own. Your review makes me want to get an SACD capable player and the SACD smile

Jason, even if you only ever buy DSOTM, it's worth buying an SACD player. No joke. It's an amazing mix of a fantastic work. And if you're at all familiar with DSOTM, you'll find that the mix is different here and there, I swear. I've worn out the vinyl, CD, and 20th Anniversary discs. The original CD is utter crap compared to the SACD. I'll always wonder what the SACD would've been like had they let Parsons handle it. Still, thoroughly enjoyable.

Solarrdadd hadn't been to the Dark Side Of The Moon. Irony not lost. wink

SACD and DVD-Audio are the best listening experiences I have, as I haven't quite yet heard good audio from a BR player, but it won't be long now.

Among other great SACDs for pop/rock music are Roxy Music's Avalon, Dire Strait's Brothers in Arms. DVD-Audio hits include the aforementioned Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Queen's A Night at the Opera, The Beatles Love, anything by Steely Dan and Donald Fagen's The Nightfly, among others.

If you're feeling like something heavier, check out Porcupine Tree's Deadwing or In Absentia. Pretty dark stuff though.

The tough part now is finding affordable pop/rock SACD (classical music is widely available, right JohnK?) and DVD-A discs. That is, if you can find them at all.

Speaking of which, who knows a good source for such things, besides the usual Amazon sites?