At morning and supper I take the following-

-all round "Essentials" supplement by Usana (two multimineral and two antioxidant pills). I did extensive research to find the best supplement on the market, and Usana was recommended on many sites. The best thing about the company is that they mail you the supplements (they can't be purchased in store) automatically, based on when you are ready for a refill. The supplements aren't cheap, but they are extremely high quality; I highly recommend them.

-Evening primrose oil, which contains GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid). It's an EFA that is claimed to have many benefits, but like all EFA's, it's basic function has to do with cells.

-an additional 600 mg of vitamin C. Yes I know, 400 mg is the RDA, and we excrete the rest out in our urine. However, Linus Pauling was a pioneer in the use of macro amounts of vitamin C. I currently take approximately 1600 mg a day.

-Grapefruit seed extract. It's one of, if not the best natural supplement that acts as an antibiotic. One of its main uses is in the treatment of urinary tract infections, and it's proven to be more effective than cranberry.

-Phytoberry (two capsules, three times daily) . I started taking this about three months ago and highly recommend it. I take it in capsule form, but I have tried the powder, and it tastes really really good. It's a highly concentrated antioxidant and fruit supplement. Here's some information on it.

And at lunch I take zinc along with the two capsules of Phytoberry.

I used to take flax seed oil, then added fish oil (NutriSea herring oil), but now solely take hemp oil. From my research, it's the best non-animal oil that you can take.

I also have completely removed bovine milk from my diet, as there are no benefits to it whatsoever, other than potassium which you can safely get from bananas. I'm a huge opponent of bovine milk as it is the cause of many ailments; most notably osteoporosis and allergies. It's really disgusting once you know what you are drinking. Heck, I'm a country boy, I grew up on the stuff, including drinking it right from the milking parlor.

Instead, I drink almond milk. I used to drink soy milk, but it can mess around with your thyroid, so then I switched to rice milk, but again did extensive research and concluded that almond milk is the healthiest.

So, my drinks consist of alternating between almond milk (I always had a little bit of Knudsen Farms organic cranberry juice that's 100% Juice), orange juice with pulp, and a mixed commercial vegetable juice like V8.

As far as my juicing goes, I have a Champion Juicer (one of the best) and make my own vegetable Clamato cocktail once a week. Because fresh juice doesn't last long if it's not sealed properly, thus adding the risk of botulism, I purchased a vacuum sealable container that is purposely used to preserve freshly made juice for up to three days.

I also make salsa, almond butter, and many other things with my juicer.

I too take a whey protein shake supplement, but only very occasionally because I'm obviously not active to work it off. I originally started taking it in the hopes that it would assist with healing my sores, but no such luck.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Last edited by wheelz999; 01/10/11 05:23 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.