Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Looks like the design's been changed a bit on the shipping amps--I see in his pictures that it has RCA jacks (maybe?) on the boards, but yours has screw terminals in those locations.

Yes, these came with screw terminals. He can build them with onboard RCA jacks instead, but most people do not want this since they will be putting the amps in an enclosure.

Originally Posted By: kcarlile
How'd you wire up the plug to the outlet? That would probably be the thing that would make me the most nervous.

I paralleled the primary of the toroid just as Tom said in the instructions. I used an old power cord I had lying around and cut off the female end. I wired the hot AC line through a 10A slo-blow fuse, to the line side of the primnary, and wired the neutral line to the neutral side of the transformer. Ground cord unused for now, but I would tie that to the chassis. (Warning - BIG pictures below)

On the secondary side, I had no directions for a 4-secondary transformer. So I wired secondaries 1 and 2 like his directions, and secondaries 3 and 4 like his directions. Since I wanted the voltage to remain constant, but with double the current, I connected these two discrete secondaries in parallel to the heavy duty power supply board. Worked great! (I put the electrical tape on the secondaries by the toroid for me to easily identify the wire pairs of the 4 secondaries, they are not really covering anything):

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7