Originally Posted By: FrankeeD
I'm looking for a subwoofer to go with my M60 v3 towers. I'm thinking about the EP350, the Hsu VTF-1 or Hsu VTF-2 Mk-3.

I listen to about 95% classical and the sub is to bring out the bottom end, especially for pipe organ music.

Any suggestions or comments on the advantages of one sub over the others? I know the price and specs on paper, but am interested in hearing from anyone who's heard any of these subs in action, especially for pipe organ music.

Thanks.

If you choose not to go the Axiom route and preferred the HSU models, I would suggest you look at the "Outlaw" LFM-1 Plus or EX, they are essentially re-badged HSU models slightly modified for less money. Along with the fact that they are both "down-firing" subs, Outlaw chose to change the porting to the bottom of the cabinet beside the speaker whereas HSU has the ports on the rear.

If you look at the specs of the HSU VTF-2 Mk3 and the Outlaw LFM-1 EX, they are virtually identical. With its gloss top the Outlaw, aesthetically, actually looks a bit better too for about $60-70 less and even more so if they have one available in B-Stock.

ED are excellent subs, however, in recent times since they have been caught up in the financial meltdown and can only build most items on a "special order" basis, as a result, they have been plagued with delivery date reliability.

Last edited by casey01; 02/01/11 04:19 PM.