Originally Posted By: JBall
Wow people don't like to have stuff they owned critically criticized. Seriously, I own a Hyunia Genesis Coupe. I very much enjoy reading all the pros/cons from pro reviewers even if I may not agree with them all. It's amazing how quickly owners are willing to dismiss findings.

I looked at several reviews from Brent and others at S&V and haven't seen any speakers such as the NHT's, Monitor Audios, exhibit so much high frequency boost. Perhaps its fair to ask how he measured the speaker but why discredit the reviewer solely b/c you don't like the outcome. I would have to assume since he is a professional, he is consistently testing each speaker. Just b/c he moved the speakers for listening doesn't mean he didn't test them all on the same location using the same protocol.

I was critical of his inconsistencies, not his personal tastes or opinions. Clearly he prefers a warm, colored speaker with rolled off highs. Nothing wrong with that. If he doesn't like rolled off highs then that tells me his room must be accentuating the highs, which would make a warm speaker sound neutral and a neutral speaker sound bright. The Revel is over 12 inches taller than the M60, so raise the M60 another 12 inches and I'm sure it wouldn't sound as bright. Either way just be consistent in the comments and testing procedure and the article will have much more weight. It's obvious that he is easily influenced by the name, price, and looks of a speaker. Many people are, but as a reviewer he needs to be more objective and less biased.

M80s, VP180, QS8s, EP800 v3