Dan, all of those suggested are of fine sound quality and allow full appreciation of the great music.

It really isn't a good idea in classical music to make a particular solo performer the overwhelmingly important factor in making a choice. Note that on three of the four suggestions, I made no mention of the identity of the cellist and only mentioned Ma because you'd heard his Bach Cello Suites. I happen to have him as the soloist on one of my cello recordings, but that certainly wasn't the determining factor. Ma is generally excellent, but these days there're many other cellists who perform as well or better on specific compositions.

My list was pretty much in order of preference, and the Dvorak Concerto/Schelomo/Kol Nidrei disc is the indispensable one which you should consider first.

I always listen to 2-channel recordings in surround using a mode such as DPLII. You of course have the option to set the center speaker to "No" if you prefer and listen with surround ambience, which is more significant than the center speaker.
All recordings, in my experience, benefit at least to some degree from this.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.