I've been staying out of these various conflicts that seem to building on this board lately but I will say this, and it is not directed at anyone or any group in particular.

I thoroughly enjoy hearing people discuss theology and philosophy. I don't pretend to be a master at any of it but I enjoy how it is always thought provoking.

However, the greatest challenge in such discussions is retaining a spirit of respect for the person or people you may be debating with. For some this is a challenge, for many it is too great a challenge.

We do have the freedom to discuss whatever we want it seems on this forum and that's one of the reasons why I have enjoyed it more so than other audio or techie boards. However, the respect factor is starting to strain for many.

I encourage you to discuss tough and thought provoking topics. Please do not hesitate to strongly state opinions. It takes a strong person to stick up for what they believe in but when you use that strength, also please find equal strength to do it with respect.

To me, the real winner of an intellectual debate is the person who can state and back up their comments without resorting to contempt, intimidation or profanity.

Remember, that you need disagreement in order to have a debate. If someone didn't disagree with you, then you couldn't have the discussion. Best you can hope for then is a soapbox and hope others are still listening.

I wasn't going to say anything because in the end, I really don't worry too much about what goes on here and who says what. I have made great friends here and I'll continue coming back here to share in that and for the knowledge that pours out in the other sub-forums. But hey, if everyone is going to have their say, I thought I would have mine too.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.