Thanks radtek2 for your confirmation.

Hi John: I do not think your points, Alan's and other like-minded folks as trivial. They are objective and scientific conclusions. Your comments especially encourage those such as me to spend wisely and not on unnecessary power and features. I consider the specs along with other factors; aesthetics, features, cost, overall quality based on repair records etc....

My reasons for not including the Denons is a subjective decision. Yes, I've heard differences in receivers but as I indicated I can't make any definite conclusions but only assumptions since I'm not testing each receiver blindly, in the same room, with the same speakers and under the same conditions with my eyes covered.

I can't and won't argue inaudibles as measured in a lab scientifically. But I will argue that people perceive sound differently and we too are instruments that measure and process sound subjectively. Preferences and tastes are not the same from one person to another just as one genre of music may please one and be an anathema of sound to another. Yes I admit this point is going outside the realm of scientific engineering measurement. To stay within those boundaries is to easily prove its conclusions...hence if there is no measured audible distortion to (the human ear coming from one or another particular receiver and all else is equal, buy the one that is least expensive after all it's just physics. A good and sound argument. I think there is more to it and my listening experience bears this out. I can't prove it to you, and it can't be measured. I'm sure you're just shaking your head back and forth thinking "he just doesn't get it!")