Okay, I just read the linked AVS thread, which contains an appalling amount of misinformation. Now I see where you got the ideas that I previously commented on. The original poster there somehow had a belief that he could have MultEq plus Dynamic EQ or MultEQ XT without DEQ. This is totally incorrect since DEQ is available with both. Unfortunately none of the replies really corrected this, including those from generally very knowledgeable posters Sanjay Durani and Dr. Rubinson(who may not have been completely familiar with DEQ three years ago). Therefore, as I replied above, the benefits of DEQ at lower volumes are certainly also available with the more advanced XT and aren't "sacrificed" as one of the uninformed replies there claimed.

It's correct that the resolution for the subwoofer channel is identical for both flavors; the higher XT resolution applies to the speakers, and for example with the common 80Hz crossover would affect frequencies from 80Hz to 20,000Hz.

Whatever you read about a "90 degree" measurement angle also appears to make no sense. The measurements are to be taken in a tight cluster at all angles around the main listening spot.

Beware, since although the internet can provide valuable audio information, some threads can become quagmires of misinformation.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.