Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I just switched to a new phone and service recently. Was never told about all of the "Extra" $5 charges for every little thing you might want.

That is exaclty what Im talking about.

Case in point... bought a motorcycle several years ago. Bought it 1 hour away in another dealership. On the morning of going down to seal the deal, I called and asked the sales guy what the final price so I can have my bank make out a bank draft to give to the dealership. His words were... " Bike and tax. Total is blah blah blah. " So I go to the bank and they make out the draft for set amount. I drive 1 hour to dealership. We sit down in the room and when the paper work is placed in front of me to sign I notice an increase of $400 plus. I said " WTF is this extra $400? " He said its dealership fees, set up fees and registration fee's. I mentioned the FINAL price he said on the phone and his excuse was.. " I told you what the price of the BIKE and TAX is. Everyone knows there are additional fee's added like these Im pointing out to you ". I said wipe the $400 off or the deal is cancelled. I got up and they agreed to wipe the $400 off. Real slimmy way of making something appear cheaper to lure you in and at the final moment hit you with additional fee's even AFTER asking was the final price would be.