Originally Posted By: medic8r
Another public thanks to Dean (grunt) for letting me know about Hypertrophy Specific Training.

Last week was my week of Strategic Deconditioning, so this week starts another cycle with progressive loads. After the first cycle, I was able to determine my true 15RM, 10RM, and 5RM and start at the right weight for each exercise.

I'm definitely seeing muscle growth and definition. Don't have measurements or pics (yet).

It was kind of wild to see that on some machines, I was approaching the maximum weight available at the end of the last cycle. We'll see if I can actually max out any of them this go 'round.

Great to hear it’s working for you Doc! I got my best results during the second and third cycles since I was adapted to the exercises and was able to better estimate my RMs. Once you get a cycle or two under your belt there are some techniques like Myo-reps and M-Time reps that I’ve found can really push your size and strength gains by allowing you to push to the limit while still managing fatigue so you can recover between workouts.

I usually hate SD since I’m a bit of an exercise junky but after finishing the heavy part of the cycle my arms welcome it. Don’t shortchange your SD either. Most people find the sweet spot is a 9 day SD (one full week plus a weekend).

You should post a YouTube video when you max out one of the machines. wink

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1