Alright, it has been a DUSTY morning. While only 40F outside, I was out there in my shorts and t-shirt cutting MDF for my backer boxes for my can lights and another box that will be a recessed outlet with space for a small "wall-wart" (Wart not Mart) and the fiber optic light box for my star panel. This time the panel will mount snug to the ceiling, unlike last time where it hung below it.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures... Sorry for the picture quality, I had to reduce the 8 MP down to something more internet/forum friendly. wink

I used about three and a half 48"x48" sheets of .5" MDF. Here they are all marked up for cutting...

And here is the small stack of pieces that I got from using almost 100% of three of the sheets (very little waste)...

I not have 6 of the 12 light backer boxes and the one outlet box put together and sealant applied to the inside edges.

I have 6 more to go, but I am taking a break for lunch. I haven't decided if I need (or want) to put a layer of 1/4" cement board on the inside as well. I am sure that the extra mass will be helpful for sound proofing, but I should have more than enough clearance for heat from the little 3" can lights and enough air in there to prevent overheating...

Farewell - June 4, 2020