Hey Trigger, Welcome.

The On-Wall M22s may provide another option for you, as opposed to the in-cabinet models. I have never heard them or your current speakers so I can not say how they would compare in sound quality or how well off-axis they perform.

I know CatBrat has two pairs of these on a wall and pictures are posted in a couple of places, which I can't seem to find. Admittedly, I did not look very hard.

While Johnk is correct about volume levels, distance, and angles... Smaller speakers might not play as cleanly at the higher volume levels required to get the desired levels at distant points. A more powerful speaker (and equally capable amp combined) that is capable of playing cleaner (less distortion) at louder levels will do a better job in a large room if you are trying to get a louder volume level at the distant points.

Also, as John alluded to, some speakers will perform better off-axis than others but you will never be able to replicate the wonderful stereophonic experience of sitting in the middle of two stereo speakers, once you move to the outside.

I'm not sure if either of the above is what you are describing as your problem but I hope it helps.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.