Originally Posted By: hawk1061

How do I test a crossover to see if its good?

buy one of these guys...

Ok.. the other option with the tools that you have, is...

Measure the value of the resistors, you can really only check to make sure that they are open, or short...

since your speaker is out of warranty, you can take the drivers out, and measure the resistance of each driver individually. One will have an open, they are most likely wired in a combination of series/parallel this is why you will measure each one individually to be able to determine exactly which driver is bad, so measure each speaker individually. If only one driver is bad, then you can simply order a replacement for single one that went bad.

if you really want... you can get one of these it has to be able to measure capacitors, not all flukes can. the setting between resistance and frequency is the capacitance setting. Your multi-meter might have one, maybe....

on a side/side note... I just noticed the link i gave you is for a multi meter, which is not manufactured by "Fluke" and does measure capacitance and cost's MUCH less than a fluke. I would say, buy the multimeter i gave you the link to, if your going to get another one.

If you need any more help feel free to ask.

Last edited by dakkon; 11/27/11 05:57 AM.