Alan, I was going to bring up the idea of an outboard amp, i actually had it typed up and ready to go in my last reply.. However, i decided not to bring that idea up as i wanted to reduce "my spending of his money" if you will.

Hawk, when i moved to my current house i had to buy larger outboard amp's because my old one was being driven into the clipping region due to the increase room size, i am in a someone similar situation as yourself, moving to a house with MUCH more airspace. (the amp has led's that would notify the user if the amp was being driven into the clipping region). The house i am in now has a family room that is open to the kitchen, entry way, and formal dining room. So, there is a LOT of air space. I have M-60's and a vp-180. My previous amp was a Marantz mm9000 rated for 135W per channel. My new amps are rated for 250W per channel at 8ohm and 500w at 4ohms. With clean power you can push speakers much farther without damage. I decided to buy more power than i would ever need to prevent damage to the speakers.