Yes, it's the original LF1. And yes, my room is rectangular, unlike Marks square room of suckage. 12' X 18' or thereabouts.

When I had the single 600 in this room, it worked great, but was simply too tall and a hindrance to placing furniture, so I decided to try two 500's. I find the LFE to be, for lack of a real description - smoother. I do not miss that we lil' bit of LFE the 600 had over the 500 in the freq range. And for your reference, I have the sub knobs in the 30% range, so in other words, they would have the same effect in a much larger room.

As an experiment, I tried the LF1 in this room with the twins, and it was absolutely horrible. It simply can not compete with the 500's. Huge, huge difference that anyone can tell. No need for charts or graphs.

I now use the 600 in my great room for the two channel rig. It's simply awesome. This room is big, 28' X 32' with 10' wall height and a 23' vaulted ceiling. For music, I love the 600. It blends in so nicely, you'd never guess a sub is in the room - but you can feel it. Hell, I can feel it all over the house when things are a rockin...

So are the EP's worth the cost or can you find something better??? maybe, maybe not. I don't care. I like Axiom stuff and they always take care of me. That means a lot to me. Plus the free shipping puts them at a very competitive price point when considering that everything gets shipped to where I live 2 day air.

Good luck and don't forget to make this a FUN journey!

Apple sucks Ken....... smile (signature idea, just for Ken)