So I was out of town all week for work, and then out of town last weekend for Thanksgiving. It felt good to get back to working in the basement. I started stripping off the outer jacket of all of the Romex (electrical wiring) and trimming them down to about 7" sticking out of all of the outlets/switch/light boxes. That took a while.

I also finally ran the power for the wet bar's pendant lights, ran a 3rd subwoofer cable (it will be tied in to one of the others just to give me a second placement option for the second sub), realized that somehow I forgot to connect half of the bedroom wiring when I re-ran all of the "home runs" to the circuit breaker so I fixed that...

I ran the final coax cable to the office, added the final outlet to the bathroom, put wire "staples" over a lot of the still loose wiring running in the ceiling and up various studs...

Then tonight, I decided to get some of the permanant lighting wired up to switches to that when the time comes I can pull out all of the old wiring and still be able to see. I now have working lights in the game room, wet bar (main lights, not the pendants until after drywall, but they got tested anyway), the hallway, the family room, the finished closet that we will store out German board games and Wii/XBox stuff like guitars/drums...

Tomorrow I hope to get the office lights working (the power for the lights go through 8 electrical outlet boxes first, so it will take a little effort), and some of the bathroom lighting.

The home theater lighting is going to be recessed into the soffets AFTER the drywall is up, and the wall sconces obviously will need drywall first too. I will have to wire them all together and at least test continuity to make sure that they are all good, but they should be perfectly fine.

One thing that I am not looking forward to is connecting up all of the outlets. Since each room is made up of many outlets that just run in series (physically, not electronically as they would be in "parallel"... you get my point), I need to pigtail both sets of wires in each box to a third wire so that the third wire is all that is connecting to the outlet. It seems so stupid since the outlets have 2 screws for the white wires, and 2 screws for the black wires, but code says that you can only connect a single white and single black to the outlet. So dumb in my opinion....

Farewell - June 4, 2020