Originally Posted By: Ken.C
But that rating is shear force (ie perpendicular to the drywall), not pulling force (ie OUT of the drywall). You need a toggle.

Yup the rating is in shear force, you are correct Ken. however, I also have a pair of speakers in my bedroom that are on brackets that i made that are hanging on the walls with these same anchors.. At a shear rating that is over 2X the weight of the speaker per anchor, the rating shouldn't be an issue, the surface area of these anchors is extremely high, and as you know the larger of an area you spread a load over the less force per given area.. drywall toggles have only 2 points of contact. However, i could not find a quick rating of drywall toggles but i suspect they are not going to be a lot higher than 75lbs, since drywall is the weak link here, not the anchors.

Of course i would expect Ian to have axiom speakers.. Why in the world would he have a pair of the competitors... If he did buy a pair of the competitors speakers i am sure he wouldn't get a pair of puny WATT puppies, i think he would have gotten a pair of WAMM's or Alexandria's....sheesh ken give Ian come credit man.....