For my room, the ceiling is basically 14 feet by 24 feet. I had to build my soffits before the main layers of drywall to avoid some complications with the inspector. So my area in-between the soffits is what I am going to be working with since the soffits themselves effectively decouple that area...

So now I am at about 11 feet wide by about 22 feet. The ceiling joists run "width-wise" meaning that my clips/channels will be that 11 foot length. You need one for each end as well, so that comes to (not quite perfect in my situation) 13 rows of channel with 4 clips on each row.

Again, the clips go every 4 feet and the rows should be spaced every 24 inches apart (They can be closer than 4 feet and 2 feet respectively, but not further. The point is to decouple, so going to the max distance is ideal).

So that is 52 clips and 143 linear feet of channel.

Clips are $1.98 each and the channel at $0.34 per foot. So that comes to $102.96 in clips and $48.62 in channel.

Add one 2x4 stud per row at $2 each 7% tax included (my joists are about 20 inches on center) and there is $26 in studs.

Total additional cost for mine will be $177.58 plus the shipping costs on the clips and channel. I am already going to be paying a chunk for shipping of the green glue, but I don't have a total for that yet. I will be getting two 5 gallon buckets for $189 each and $29.99 for the speedloader gun.

Farewell - June 4, 2020