Originally Posted By: INANE
Hanging (other than the ceiling) isn't very hard. Personally I don't really mind taping/mudding either (cept for the ceiling). Sanding is what can suck (especially the ceiling!). I valued my time less than $6400 so I did it all myself (with help of my bro-in-law).

We are now looking at this as well. I've hung drywall in our 2 previous basements, including the ceiling. Some times I'd even hung 4x8 sheets on the ceiling by myself with no jack. That wasn't fun, but I did a 14x40 foot ceiling that way.

We are talking about trying to recruit my dad, father-in-law, and maybe a few people from work. We were quoted 123 total 4x12 sheets of drywall, so I would probably look at converting that to 183 total 4x8 sheets. Either way, we will have the drywall delivered. For like $75, they will deliver them to the exact rooms/locations that we want. Well worth it in my book.

Lots to figure out. If the guy comes in on Friday with a quote near $4500 where we were hoping to be, then we will probably go with them for all of it. That guy is one that some friends used and had a real nice finish to everything, where-as the $6400 guy is supposed to be really good, but it almost seems like he doesn't need the work as he has been working steadily for the past 3 years doing flood-recovery work here in Cedar Rapids from their massive 2008 flood. He works those jobs about 90% of the time, and fits in some other work in-between that regular work. I have no doubt that he does quality work, but maybe isn't "hungry" enough.

Farewell - June 4, 2020