Well I finally got around to submitting to this torture. It was either give this a try or go under the knife. My tendons were so damaged, therapy would not help. The proceedure doesn't take long, but boy it didn't feel good. The DR used two ring finger sized syringes to numb the areas around the tendons (not the affected injection zone). This in itself was pretty painful. Then he drove the PRP injection into the tendons at numerous places. Each time he would inject the stuff, he would move the needle back and forth (while in the tendon) to open up the tendon. I felt all of it. I have to stay in a sling for five days, then I can not lift or strain for five weeks. I'm supposed to stretch the tendons and apply light resistance four time a day. After five weeks I can start light resistance work outs. Before I committed, I asked the DR what to do if this didn't work. He simply replied that I had a much better chance of a complete recovery doing this than I would with surgery. Considering he also performs surgery, I thought that was pretty honest input. I also asked about all the other things that some doctors are using PRT injections for, and he didn't think very highly of them, and that in his experience, the proceedure works for tendons, but was not as confident for other injured body parts. Now I need to figure out what the heck to keep myself busy with for the next few weeks. Damn I'm bored... Stoned and sleepy too...Codeine every four hours till the pain subsides. Tried to go without it today and found out that wasn't such a good idea.